PICE RESPECTS THE PRIVACY OF OUR MEMBERS AND OTHER VISITORS TO PICE’S WEBSITE AND OTHER DIGITAL PROPERTIES. TO PROTECT ONLINE PRIVACY, PICE HAS IMPLEMENTED THE FOLLOWING POLICY, WHICH MAY BE AMENDED AT ANY TIME BY POSTED AMENDMENTS TO THIS PAGE.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES PICE COLLECT?
To better serve our members and customers, PICE collects information that you provide to us, such as personal information you provide when purchasing a product or service, as well as information that is passively or automatically collected from you, such as anonymous information collected from your browser or device.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE
There are a number of areas in the PICE digital properties where we ask for and collect information about you, including personally identifiable information. Examples of this information include:
- Name, address, email, telephone number
- Educational and professional experience information
- Censure and certification information
- Demographic information such as skills, current and previous job information
- Technical and professional areas of interest
- Security identifiers
- Registration information for online and in-person PICE activities
- Product purchase information stored in online shopping carts
- Other information you upload or provide to us
INFORMATION THAT IS AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED
PICE may use automated means to collect various types of information about you and your computer or other device. Such information might include, but is not limited to:
- Network or Internet protocol address
- Type of browser and operating system you are using, (e.g., Microsoft Windows or Mac OS)
- Information about your Internet service provider
- Information about the device you are using and device settings
- Browser settings
- The web pages on the PICE site you have visited
- Location information
- Content and advertisements you have accessed, seen, forwarded and/or clicked on
PERSONAL DATA FROM MINORS
PICE does not knowingly collect data from or about children under 16 without permission from a parent or guardian. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under 16, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from or about a child under age 16, please contact us.
HOW DOES PICE USE THE INFORMATION IT COLLECTS?
PICE may use the information it collects to:
- Provide the products or services you request, or to communicate with you about those products or services;
- Respond to your inquiries;
- Administer membership grade approvals, award nominations, and certifications;
- Support your participation in PICE as a committee member; author, reviewer or editor; conference moderator or speaker; organizational entity officer or director; or other volunteer;
- Communicate with you about other products or services that we believe may be of interest to you;
- provide and administer online forums and social networks;
- Provide technical support for your use of the PICE site or any PICE product or service;
- Measure and improve the utility, applicability, and overall quality of the website and its content;
- Customize or personalize ads, offers and content made available to you based on your visits to and/or usage of PICE’s digital properties, and analyze the performance of those ads, offers and content, as well as your interaction with them;
- Perform analysis regarding how you use PICE’s digital properties or any part thereof;
- Perform aggregated data analysis of membership retention, engagement, and other trends;
- Enforce the legal terms (including without limitation our policies and terms of service) that govern your use of PICE’s digital properties, and/or for the purposes for which you provided the information.
HOW WILL PICE SHARE OR DISCLOSE THIS INFORMATION?
PICE ORGANIZATIONAL ENTITY DISCLOSURES
Membership and customer information is used in the PICE database, which is used to generate PICE mailing lists and directories. Such mailing lists are provided to the technical and geographical units of PICE (for example,Chapters and Committees) and to PICE’s affiliated entities (e.g., Professional Regulation Commission, CPD Providers), who may use this information in connection with informing you about their services, products, conferences, meetings and events. PICE publishes directory information for its board and committee members, and for members of its technical and geographic organizational entities’ boards and committees. Such members may remove or change the information provided in such directories at any time, by contacting administrator@PICE.org.ph or by mobile number at 0917-3152765 / 0928-3410623.
THIRD PARTY DISCLOSURE
Except as noted below, PICE does not sell, rent, or give email addresses or other personal information to anyone outside of PICE and its organizational entities, except with prior consent from the member/customer. PICE may disclose information provided by its members and customers, or collected from its website or other digital properties, with third parties as follows:
- To service providers that we have retained to perform business activities in support of PICE’s operations. This may include service providers that: (a) conduct research and analytics; (b) create content; (c) provide customer, technical or operational support; (d) conduct or support membership or marketing activities (such as election management activities, email or advertising platforms); (e) fulfill orders and user requests; (f) handle payments; (g) host our online communities, forums, and other online services; (h) otherwise support our delivery of goods and services.
- To PICE’s affinity program partners, solely for use in connection with promoting or administering PICE’s affinity programs.
- In response to a legal request, for example, in response to a court order or subpoena, or a request from a law enforcement or government agency.
- Disclosures to investigators, attorneys, or other third parties if, in our sole discretion, we believe such disclosure is necessary or appropriate to investigate allegations of fraud, intellectual property infringement, or other activity that is or may be illegal or may expose us, service or content providers we work with, or you to possible legal liability.
If you do not wish to receive physical mail from PICE’s affinity partners, research or analytics providers, or other third parties, you may instruct us not to share your information by indicating this preference on your membership application when you join PICE, on your renewal form when you renew your membership, by notifying us at membership@PICE.org.ph, or by calling us at 0917-3152765/0928-3410623.
PICE may make use of certain third-party companies that use techniques other than HTTP cookies to recognize computers or devices used to access PICE’s digital properties and/or to collect and record information (in an anonymized and/or aggregated form) about the web surfing activity of visitors to PICE’s digital properties. Please keep in mind that your web browser may not permit you to block the use of these techniques, and those browser settings that block conventional cookies may have no effect on such techniques.
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Some PICE digital properties contain links to or integrations with other services whose information practices may be different than ours, e.g., Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, other media services and platforms, and third party organizations that provide PICE member benefit programs. Visitors should consult these other services’ privacy notices, as PICE has no control over information that is submitted to, or collected by, these third parties.
HOW DOES PICE HANDLE AND PROTECT DATA?
This website is governed by and operated in accordance with Philippines law. Information collected or submitted outside Philippines will be transferred to and processed in the Philippines, where PICE’s central databases reside.
PICE only retains personal data collected from a user for as long as the user’s account is active, or as needed for PICE to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected, unless otherwise required by law.
HOW DO I MAKE CHANGES OR OPT OUT?
You can change or update your personal data by logging into your PICE account and profile at www.pice.org.ph Alternatively, you can contact PICE National Secretariat by phone at 0917-3152765 / 0928-3410623 to update your information.
UPDATES & EFFECTIVE DATE